how about you?
Fitness seems to be the new buzzword and people are becoming so much more aware of their health!
Zumba on Tuesday nights,
MY CLASS "The Cross Fitness" class on Wednesday nights,
Cardio Kick-boxing on Thursday nights
and I''m not sure what is on Fridays,
but on Saturday mornings there is another Boot Camp taught by Tony Lattimore-
and that if we only work out and don't change our eating,
but it is the food that is the BIG game changer.
your desire to change must outweigh your desire to stay the same,
You will have to say, "NO" to some of the things you used to say "yes" to.
so I decided to make some adjustments to what I provide in my home.
There is a battle going on!
1. High Fructose Corn Syrup - this is bad stuff
2. Fried Foods- they make them taste good with all the bad stuff
3. Sugar-white sugar is so bad- all candy, etc.
4. Corn- yes- look into it- corn turns into some kind of poison in your body!
5. Soda- ALL soda, diet, too.
6.White Flour- anything that has flour in it!( breads, cakes, pastries, donuts, crackers)
7. Hydrogenated oil- use coconut oil
9.Fatty beef- go for lean turkey or chicken
10. Ice Cream- change it for a Skinny Cow or Non-fat chocolate pudding w/whipped cream!
11. Potato chips (or corn chips)- too much salt, and yes, I DO know how good these bad boys taste!
Here are some things you should say "YES" To:
1. Blueberries- ALL berries!!
2. ALL green leafies- letttuce, romaine, kale, not too much dressing but enough to make them edible!
4. Nuts (almonds & walnuts are the best) in moderation
5. Water, lots and lots- add lemon, orange to add to the enjoyment!
6. Chia seed or Flax seed
7. Wheat flour
8. Brown rice or even better, Quinoa - soooo good!
9.Protein Bars- always have one in your purse of bag in case of an emergency
10. Greek Yogurt- yum! It has protein in it, too!
11. Oatmeal- I eat this with Chia/blueberries EVERY morning!
12. Protein shakes- I drink a shake every morning and after every workout! (feeds your muscles!)
13. Pop chips, Rice chips as an alternative to potato chips/corn chips